“Make Art To Teach Art” Programme Tutor
Accumulate Art School for the Homeless
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: £200 per day
Closing Date: 19-12-2022
Job Title: MATTA (Make Art to Teach Art) Programme Tutor
Contract Type: Freelance
Contract Length: 24 days over 6 months (possible renewal after 6 months)
Salary: £200 per day
Accountable to: Director of Accumulate
Location: London (mostly Camberwell, some in central London locations)
Purpose of Role:
Accumulate, The Art School For The Homeless, helps young, homeless people to build their skills, develop their well-being and improve their lives through creativity. Accumulate has received Deutsche Bank funding to run a new programme in partnership with the University of the Arts London (UAL), for Accumulate members to learn how to facilitate their own creative workshops. This exciting role will be for the delivery lead tutor, to launch the programme in February 2023. The tutor will plan, design and deliver multiple iterations of the ‘Make Art to Teach Art’ (MATTA) course, Accumulate and UAL’s training for homeless people wishing to learn about facilitating arts teaching. We’re looking for an experienced arts educator to deliver a high-quality teaching and learning experience and related support to participants, adjusting course design where necessary. The person appointed will be responsible to the Director of Accumulate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead delivery of the ‘MATTA’ programme, monitoring progress and attendance and maintaining appropriate records.
- To be responsible for teaching, course review and curriculum development.
- To fully plan and prepare sessions, including gathering materials, in order to facilitate the participants’ learning.
- To ensure all sessions embed creative practice elements in order to engage participants in learning.
- To support individual participants’ development and learning journey.
- To co-ordinate specialist contributions from guest artists and tutors.
- To contribute to the evaluation report of the ‘MATTA’ course.
- To liaise with the MATTA project team to schedule multiple iterations of the course.
- To attend related meetings as required.
- To liaise positively and effectively with participants and project team, including Accumulate staff, UAL outreach ambassadors and student helpers.
- To undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role
- To promote equality and diversity in your work.
- To personally contribute towards reducing impact on the environment
- To make full use of all information and communication technologies in adherence to data protection policies to meet the requirements of the role.
- To have or undertake a DBS check.
Key Working Relationships:
- Director of Accumulate
- Deputy Director of Accumulate
- Project Team
- Project Participants
- UAL Estates Team
Shortlisting will be based on your responses to the following questions and how well you meet the criteria listed below in the Person Specification. Please make sure you provide evidence to demonstrate clearly how you meet these criteria.
Please send a current CV, and 300 words answering these questions:
- Why do you want this role?
- What will you bring to the role?
Please send to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday December 19th 2022
Interview date if shortlisted: Friday January 6th 2023, between 9.00 – 13.00 hrs
|Specialist Knowledge/Qualifications||Expertise in arts education teaching and learning, with a focus on inclusive teaching practices.Relevant qualification:|
Ability to provide support and help to participants, undertaking health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post.
|Communication Skills||Communicates effectively orally and in writing, adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way.|
|Teaching and Learning||Applies innovative approaches in teaching, learning or professional practice to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity.Motivates and leads curriculum effectively, setting clear objectives to support learning.Applies creative practice to the design of learning experiences.|
|Planning and managing resources||Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively.|
|Teamwork||Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups.|
|Audience experience||Builds and maintains positive relationships with participants.|